Certificate III in Hospitality (SIT30616)
A Certificate III in Hospitality provides a pathway to work in hotels, restaurants, motels, clubs, pubs, cafés, and coffee shops. Such departments included at these venues are Bistro Service, Café, Functions and Events, or even Kitchen Operations.
This course will give individuals a range of skills and knowledge well-developed for the hospitality industry.
A Certificate III in Hospitality (SIT30616) will provide you an engaging, sociable and multi-cultural environment!
Units of Work Include
- Providing responsible service of alcohol and table service of food and beverage.
- Participate in hygienic practices for food, safe food handling and safe work practices.
- Work effectively in the hospitality service areas.
- Serve food and beverage, and operate a bar.
- Show social, cultural awareness and work effectively with others in the hospitality industry.
- Design & produce business documents, while sourcing & using information on the hospitality industry.
- Provide advice on Australian wines and providing services to customers.
Typical work placements include
- Hotels or Clubs
- Function Centre’s
Typical duties at work would include
- Service of food and beverage in a Bistro, Café, & Functions environment.
- Seating, greeting and serving customers.
- Operating a Bar and serving meals & drinks.
- Coffee making / Barista.
- Function and Events service & setups.
- Kitchen preparation.